Help to Buy

Book My Appointment

HELP TO BUY WITH FLETCHER HOMES

Your helping hand to get on the property ladder

What is Help to Buy?

If you have dreams of purchasing your first home, it’s never been easier thanks to the Help to Buy initiative. With Help to Buy*, you will receive an Equity Loan from the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) to help you secure a mortgage. The scheme has been designed to assist those that can maintain a mortgage, but who cannot currently acquire one due to large deposit requirements.

As a new build developer in Shropshire, Fletcher Homes are pleased to be able to offer our homes to first time buyers through this scheme.

Here’s an example of how this might work:

Purchase Price: £130,000

Deposit at 5%: £97,500

Mortgage at 75%: £26,000

Equity Loan at 20%: £6,500

PURCHASE YOUR DREAM NEW BUILD HOME

How does Help to Buy work?

Help to Buy offers a maximum of up to 20% of the purchase price through an equity loan funded by the government. The remaining 80% is then made up through a 5% deposit and 75% mortgage from a bank or building society. As of April 2021, to March 2023, the equity loan is available on new build properties up to a maximum value of £255,600 in the West Midlands region.

The property purchased must be your only residence. The scheme is not available to assist buy-to-let investors, or those who will own any property other than their Help to Buy property after completing their purchase. You cannot rent out your existing home and buy a second home through the initiative.

Further information is available on the official HTB website. If you have any questions or are ready to get moving through the Help to Buy scheme, speak to a member of our Sales team.

*Help to Buy is only available for first time buyers on new build properties. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage or any other debt secured on it.

Book my appointment

DD slash MM slash YYYY
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.